Bariatric surgery in Spain
Bariatric surgery in Spain is a weight loss surgery performed for patients with a body mass index of at least 40.
Before surgery, endocrinological and nutritional consultations of the doctor are mandatory to ensure the success of the treatment. And also postoperative observation is necessarily carried out, which depends on the type of operation.
Types of Bariatric Surgery
This is a lapaproscopic operation in which an inflatable silicone device is installed around the upper part of the stomach. This helps to reduce the amount of food consumed. This operation is reversible, since it is not associated with the removal of any organs.
This is a surgical procedure that can also be performed minimally invasively. The procedure reduces the size of the stomach to about 10% of its original volume and leads to a limited ability to eat. Patients feel full even after eating a very small amount of food. This operation permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is irreversible.
With this laparoscopic operation, the stomach is divided into two parts: a small upper and a much larger lower one, and then the small intestine is rebuilt to connect with both. This operation leads to a marked decrease in the functional volume of the stomach.
Biliopancreatic shunting is a surgery on the stomach, which is a combined method of surgical intervention, with the help of which a decrease in the volume of the stomach is carried out with the subsequent reconstruction of the small intestine.
Benefits of Bariatric Surgery
- Laparoscopic bariatric surgery practically does not require rehabilitation and a long stay in the hospital
- Significant Weight Loss Achieved
- The cardiovascular system improves
- Remission is achieved with sleep apnea problems
- Quironsalud Hospital Group
- Sant Joan De Deu Pediatric Hospital
- Barnaclinic University Hospital
- HM Hospitals
- Gastric bypass surgery from 21,000 euros
- Sleeve gastroplasty from 21,000 euros
- Bandaging the stomach 19,000 euros
Other prices on request.
Final cost will announce after review of medical reports of patient by hospital doctors.