Sant Joan de Deu Pediatric Hospital, Barcelona Spain
Pediatric Hospital Sant Joan de Deu in Barcelona in Spain is one of the largest medical centers for mother and child in Europe and treats diseases of any complexity in children and adolescents.
The model of care practiced in the hospital guarantees the presence of parents throughout the entire medical process: during procedures, during diagnosis of the disease, anesthesia, subsequent treatment, etc.
Sant Joan de Deu has a special department, 15 specialists of which respond to requests from foreign patients, prepare a preliminary estimate of the cost of the necessary treatment, draw up a consultation plan and provide constant support to families of foreign patients to facilitate their stay in the hospital.
Hospital Sant Joan de Deu takes one of the first places among children's hospitals in Europe in the number of patients received.
Oncology and Hematology
Sant Joan de Déu Hospital is recognized as exemplary at the national level for the treatment of childhood cancer and one of the leading hospitals in the world for the treatment of a number of tumors.
- Musculoskeletal tumors
- Brain tumors
- Kidney tumors
- High-risk tumors and relapses
- Leukemia and bone marrow transplantation
Also, treatment of rare hematological diseases: hemoglobinopathies, congenital and acquired bone marrow diseases (Fanconi anemia, Schwachman-Diamond syndrome, Diamond-Blackfen anemia, etc.), congenital and acquired neutropenia; acute immune thrombocytopenia and other types of thrombocytopenia; coagulation factor deficiency; hemolytic anemia; cytopenia (erythroblastopenia, leukopenia), etc.
Pediatric Cancer Treatment at Sant Joan de Déu Hospital
- Malformations of the extremities
- Paralysis of the brachial plexus
- Bone malformations
- Reconstructive surgery
- Metabolic diseases
- Refractory (pharmacoresistant) epilepsy and surgical treatment of epilepsy
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Brain tumors
- Malformations of the bones of the face and skull
- Fetal surgery
- Fetal cardiology
- Fetal neurology
- Congenital malformations
- Diagnosis and treatment with catheterization
- Surgical treatment of congenital malformations
- Arrhythmia (ablation)
- Genetics Advice
- Genetic defects
- Genetic diseases
- Intraocular and orbital tumors
- Congenital cataracts
- Retinal diseases
- Juvenile idiopathic arthritis
- Auto-inflammatory syndromes
- Autoimmune diseases
- Children's vasculitis
- Imperfect osteogenesis
- A multidisciplinary approach
- In-person consultations and consultations online
It is possible to clarify the diagnosis already made for any disease.
Other areas and services of Sant Joan de Deu Pediatric Hospital in Spain
1) Nephrology: a kidney transplant from a living donor.
2) General pediatric surgery: oncological surgery, surgery of the gastrointestinal tract, thoracic and neonatal surgery. Minimally invasive surgery using laparoscopy.
3) Urology: hypospadias, stenosis of the ureteropelvic segment, bladder exstrophy, endoscopic treatment of vesicoureteral reflux.
4) Plastic surgery: cleft lip and palate, reconstruction of the auricle.
5) Otorhinolaryngology: cochlear implantation, reconstruction of the middle ear, tumors, sleep disturbances.
6) Gastroenterology: disorders of the motility of the esophagus, malabsorption syndromes, inflammatory bowel disease, liver and gall bladder diseases, cystic fibrosis, celiac disease.
7) Immunology and allergology: immunodeficiency, food allergies, respiratory tract allergies and drug allergies.
8) General pediatrics: infectious diseases.
9) Endocrinology: diabetes, growth disorders, puberty disorders, thyroid disease, obesity.
10) Dermatology: laser treatment of congenital angiomas and other disorders in systemic diseases.
11) Orthodontics: diseases of the oral cavity and myofunctional disorders, dentition.
12) Sports medicine: specialist consultations, stress tests, asthma, sports for women, osteopathy, rehabilitation, individual consultations.
13) Bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery)