IMO Institute of Ocular Microsurgery, Spain, Spain
Ophthalmology Clinic IMO in Barcelona is a leading international center in ophthalmology and carries out the diagnosis and treatment of any eye diseases.
- 70 classrooms
- 8 operating rooms
- 200 specialists
- 8000 operations and 65000 receptions per year
The Institute of Eye Microsurgery in Barcelona is recognized by the medical community as the best ophthalmological center in Spain according to the latest ranking of the Top 10 best hospitals compiled by the Consumers and Users Organization (OCU) based on a survey of Spanish doctors of various specialties.
Clinic patients who need help are examined immediately on the day of treatment by specialists of various profiles, in accordance with their needs, thereby simplifying the administrative process and programming of subsequent visits.
The IMO Ophthalmology Clinic in Barcelona is an international leader in conducting combined surgical procedures and very complex operations, as well as innovators in the use of instruments and equipment, working on an outpatient basis using minimal invasive treatments designed to achieve the best immediate and long-term results.
Department of Cornea, Cataract and Refractive Surgery
Diagnosis and treatment of diseases and disorders of the anterior segment of the eye and correction of refractive defects.
- Presbyopia (hyperopia)
- Corneal dystrophy
- Corneal clouding
- Corneal ulcer
- Age-related cataract
- Cataract as a secondary phenomenon due to other eye diseases
- Dry eye syndrome
Department of Glaucoma
Identification and treatment of glaucoma, a group of diseases that affect the optic nerve, which can lead to complete loss of vision, if not treated properly and in the early stages of the disease.
- Primary open angle glaucoma
- Primary narrow-angle glaucoma
- Congenital Glaucoma
- Children and youth glaucoma
- Normal blood pressure glaucoma
- Neovascular Glaucoma
- Secondary glaucoma (pseudoexfoliation, pigmentation, etc.)
Department of Pediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismus and Neurophthalmology
Diagnosis and treatment of childhood eye diseases, ocular motility disorders and eye damage in case of a central nervous system disorder.
- Baby strabismus
- Congenital malformations
- Congenital cataract
- Refractive defects
- Amblyopia (lazy eye)
- Strabismus in childhood
- Oculomotor paralysis
- Diplopia (image doubling)
- Secondary motor impairment after surgery
- Secondary motor impairment as a result of ocular and / or systemic pathologies
- Pathology of the optic nerve
Separation of the retina and vitreous body
Diagnosis and treatment of diseases that affect the retina, choroid and vitreous humor.
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal disinsertion
- Severe eye injuries
- Vein Thrombosis
- Macular Retinal Dystrophy (MDS)
- Macular edema
- Macular pathology with high myopia
- Other maculopathies
- Choroidal neovascularization
- Retinitis pigmentosa
Department of Oculoplasty
Diagnosis and treatment of injuries and diseases that affect the soft tissues and bone structures surrounding the eye: the orbit, eyelids and lacrimal ducts.
- Ptosis of the upper eyelid
- Wrong position of the eyelids
- Exophthalmos / Enophthalmos
- Thyroid orbitopathy
- Tumors in the orbit and eyelid
- Facial paralysis
- Injuries to the eyelids, lacrimal ducts and orbit
- Pathology and blockage of the lacrimal ducts
- Orbital infections and inflammations
- Tumors of the eyelids
- Tumors of the orbit
- Anophthalmic cavity
Department of Aesthetics and Ocular Surgery
The study and treatment (surgical and non-surgical) of cosmetic problems and signs of aging that affect the middle and upper face.
- Bags under the eyes
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Periocular wrinkles and wrinkles of the upper half of the face
- Excess fat for centuries
- Puffing of the corners of the eyes and sagging of the periocular part of the face
- Facial volume loss
- Sunken cheeks
- Decreasing facial contours and structure
- Skin deterioration
Conditions for patients in the IMO clinic
The main aspect for the clinic is the provision of medical and surgical care, but also the comfortable stay of patients and their accompanying persons in the departments remains an important condition. Therefore, spacious and comfortable rooms are offered, as well as a number of additional services that make the stay in the clinic as pleasant as possible.
Patients and visitors are offered parking for cars and a restaurant-cafe with a magnificent view of the city, which offers on weekdays a menu of breakfasts and dinners made from fresh, top-quality products.