Cancer treatment in South Korea. G SAM Integrative Cancer Center
Since 2007, the G SAM Integrative Cancer Center provides an interdisciplinary, comprehensive approach in the treatment of oncology. The specialists of the departments of hematological oncology, surgical oncology, surgery, radiation oncology, radiology, nuclear medicine, pathology, oriental Korean medicine, additional and alternative treatment, pastors and all hospital staff conduct treatment using an interdisciplinary integrated approach.
An individual treatment plan is drawning up during meetings devoted to complex and multidisciplinary cancer treatment. Specialists of different profiles twice a week hold regular meetings, which consider each case of an individual patient and offer the best method of treatment.
Along with traditional methods of treatment of cancer, such as surgery, chemotherapy and radiation therapy, unique methods of local chemotherapy are used in the SAM hospital.The local cancer treatment method increases the effect of treatment. Specialized local cancer treatment (endovascular therapy, laparoscopic hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy, high-intensity focused ultrasound ablation "HIFU Knife", radiofrequency ablation, photodynamic therapy, cryoablation, close-focus radiation therapy) of the G SAM Integrative Cancer Center allows to minimize the risk.
- Department for Stomach Cancer
- Department for Colon Cancer
- Department for cancer of the liver, gallbladder, pancreas
- Department of Thoracic Oncology
- Department for Breast and Thyroid Cancer
- Women's Oncology Department
- Department of urological oncology
- Specialized Department for Head and Neck Cancer
- Department for peritoneal metastatic cancer
- Department for Radiation Therapy of Cancer
- Department for Interventional Radiology
- Nuclear Medicine Department
Advanced methods of cancer treatment in the G SAM Integrative Cancer Center
- Endovascular therapy
- Hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy
- Transarterial chemoembolization
- Cytoreductive surgery (CRS) + GIIH (HIPEC)
- Elektta Infinity
- Haifu Knife
- Punctual treatment of a tumor (cryoablation, radiofrequency ablation, photodynamic therapy)
- Modern PET-CT equipment, interventional angiography (IVR-CT), 3.0T MRI (MRI)
Traditional Korean Medicine is an addition to the modern cancer treatment
In addition to modern medical treatment of cancer, the cancer center SAM uses traditional oriental medicine. Treatment of cancer with eastern medicine has few side effects, does not interfere with the action of anticancer drugs and radiation therapy, while alleviating their side effects.
Eastern medicine is aimed at strengthening immunity, and also has the effect of reducing the pain of patients suffering from cancer. In order to control angiogenesis and improve immunity, drugs and herbal acupuncture are used to improve symptoms using acupuncture and moxibustion, as well as other natural therapies.
Why is it necessary to treat cancer in the G SAM Integrative Cancer Center?
- Preoperative treatment program minimizes cancer recurrence and metastasis.
Preoperative chemotherapy and radiation therapy increase the success of the operation, especially in cases of breast cancer, rectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, etc., which can prevent the spread of cancer cells during surgery and reduce the likelihood of relapse.
- A team of specialists in the treatment of various types of cancer and an oncology consulting center offer the patient the best surgical method of treatment.
There are groups of specialists for each type of cancer. Every week a general meeting of such specialists is held, which examines the latest modern research on cancer treatment, then the doctors select an individual method of treatment for each patient and apply it in practice.
- The indicator of immunity in cancer tissue (Tissue Immune Score) reduces the likelihood of a relapse.
SAM hospital was among the first in South Korea to check the immune index of cancer tissue and apply it to treatment, thereby minimizing the likelihood of a relapse. The immune indicator of cancer tissue reflects the state of 4 types of immune cells, so you can calculate and make a more accurate prediction, compared with the usual system of determining the stage of cancer.
- All oncological operations are carried out by two doctors.
The team of oncologists at the SAM Medical Center consists of specialists who worked in the best large hospitals in South Korea, so they can provide high-quality surgical cancer treatment, working together for two specialists. In addition, medical cooperation in the field of surgery with the best university hospitals in Korea is established and, if necessary, their assistance can be obtained.
- By increasing the immunity, postoperative recovery occurs quickly.
In the clinic of postoperative recovery, various additional and alternative treatment methods are used, eastern Korean medicine, Chinese medicine and other programs to enhance immunity. In addition, SAM Medical Center offers natural lifestyle treatments such as dietary therapy, exercise therapy, mental and spiritual therapy, as well as the latest hyperthermia and cellular therapy, all of which contribute to increased immunity and the rapid recovery of the patient.
- Treatment is carried out by directly dissolving the micro-cancer tissue that has passed into the abdominal and thoracic cavity (stomach cancer, colon cancer, ovarian cancer, lung cancer)
SAM hospital was one of the first in Korea to start treatment of small cancer cells that have passed into the abdominal and thoracic cavity, with the help of hyperthermic chemotherapy. Treatment takes place within 1 hour by injecting anti-cancer drugs into the abdominal and thoracic cavity, maintaining a high temperature of 42 ℃ ~ 43 ℃. SAM's specialists were the first in the world to start an iterative procedure, and in many cases it prevents relapse due to micrometastases.
Send an application to the G SAM Integrative Cancer Center: