PET-Technology Centres: Diagnostics and Treatment of Oncological Diseases
Almost any tumor up to 98% is curable if it is detected at an early stage. Every person should know that he/she, if necessary, can use modern and high technology methods of diagnostics and treatment.
PET/CT Diagnostics in PET-Technology
PET-CT is an effective and modern method of oncological diseases diagnostics. This method combines the possibilities of positron emission tomography (PET) and computer tomography (CT), and enables to distinguish between a benign and malignant tumor based on an image with high accuracy.
Diagnostics is for patients with a certified by a histological examination oncological diagnosis or with a high clinical suspicion for this diagnosis in some cases. PET/CT is assigned, first of all, to specify the size, location of tumors, to determine the presence or lack of a metastatic disease in a patient`s body.
The centres use modern medical equipment manufactured by GE Healthcare, represented and successfully used in more than 100 countries in the world. Besides PET/CT tests this device enables to fulfill a CT test.
CT, MRI, PET/CT and SPECT/CT diagnostics in oncoradiological centres of Moscow region
Tomography Device GE Optima MR450w 1.5 Tesla, enlarged aperture 70 cm, patients can be up to 200 kg.
Tomography Device GE Optima CT580w 16-slice, enlarged aperture 80 cm, patients can be up to 200 kg, for testing and contouring.
Tomography device GE Discovery PET/CT 710, enlarged aperture 70 cm, patients can be up to 200 kg, for testing and contouring.
4) SPECT/CT and Scintigraphy
(single-photon emission computed tomography) Hybrid System GE Discovery NM/CT 670, enlarged aperture 70 cm, patients can be up to 200 kg.
Radiation Therapy in Oncoradiological Centres of Moscow Region
In Centers treat cerebral tumors, tumors of head and neck, esophagus, breast, lung, female reproductive organs, prostate, rectum and anal canal, skin, metastases from any primary site and any location.
- Radiosurgery is a special method of highly precise and high dose tumor irradiation when the whole dose of irradiation is administered within one session.
- During ЗD-conformal radiotherapy one performs a 3D irradiation by several beams at different angles contouring a tumor.
- When irradiating small size tumors in moving organs and in complicated cases one uses a stereotactic body radiation therapy.
- Intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) enables one to precisely irradiate complex-shaped tumors or next to organs, which are to be protected from beams.
- Technology of volumetric modulated arc therapy (VМАТ) allows one to change the size of an area to be irradiated ensuring that adjacent organs and tissues are less affected.
- For irradiation of moving targets one uses radiation therapy synchronized with a patient`s breathing cycle.
- When implementing a contact radiation therapy or brachytherapy a radioactive source is administered directly into a tumor or an affected organ. This allows to locally bring a high doses sufficient for a tumor removal with almost no irradiation of adjacent organs.
- When treating tumors of head, neck and gastrointestinal system one uses a chemoradiotherapy – it is a simultaneous application of radiation and drugs on a tumor.
Oncoradiology centres are equipped with linear accelerators TrueBeam STX and Clinac iX manufactured by Varian Medical Systems (USA), which enable one to implement all modern effective methods of tele-irradiation including stereotactic radiosurgery and VMAT (RapidArc).
Radiation Therapy Using CyberKnife
Radiosurgery System CyberKnife used in the nuclear medicine centre in Ufa is an alternative to surgery treatment of malignant and benign tumors, vascular abnormalities located in hard-to-reach places.
This method is most effective for the treatment of benign brain tumors, malignant prostate tumors, and single metastases into brain, single metastases into lungs and other diseases.
Its main advantages are painlessness and noninvasiveness. An operation is performed without cuts having minimum impact on surrounding organs and tissues.Harmful for malignant cells with high precision radiation is delivered directly into a tumor.
A treatment course includes from 1 to 5 sessions of stereotactic radiation. The duration of a treatment session is from 1 to 1.5 hours. CyberKnife leaves standard radiation therapy behind in terms of effectiveness and safety.
Cerebral Radiosurgery Treatment Using Gamma Knife
Gamma Knife is a special device of radiosurgery manipulation, which enables professionals to cure different brain impairments without skin dissection and penetration inside a body.
Indications for treatment: malignant and benign tumors, vascular and functional brain diseases.
By virtue of the accuracy of manipulation up to a fraction of a millimeter, high efficiency, safety and reliability Gamma Knife has been acknowledged as the “golden standard” in radiosurgery.
The centre of high precision radiology Gamma Clinic is located in the city of Obninsk. Equipment: Leksell Gamma Knife Perfexion.
You can send a question to the doctor in contacts or by filling out the form below: