Department of Pediatric Cardiology of San Donato Cardiology Center, Milan, Italy
In the Department of Pediatric Cardiology, heart operations are performed on patients of all ages (from newborns to adults) with congenital heart defects, such as correction of septal defects, Fallot tetrad, transposition of the main arteries, modified Fontaine surgery, etc. (excluding heart transplants).
Interventional hemodynamic procedures are also performed here, representing an alternative or complementary to surgical operations, such as closing atrial and interventricular septal defects, angioplasty and stent implantation for various congenital heart defects and vascular lesions. The department provides diagnosis and treatment of arrhythmias in children and patients after surgery.
- Aortic surgery
- Closure of defects of the intercardiac and interventricular septum
- Replacing the pulmonary valve
- Peripheral angioplasty
Outpatient Department of Pediatric Cardiology
- 7.300 patients
- 17.900 outpatient services
- Cardiological examination
- Ultrasound Doppler study
- Daily ECG monitoring in children and adults with congenital heart defects