Department of Arrhythmology and Cardioelectrophysiology at the Center for Cardiology San Donato, Milan, Italy
- Intracavitary electrophysiological studies
- Transcatheter ablation of cardiac arrhythmia using radio frequencies
- Implantation of pacemakers
- Implantation of defibrillators
- Implantation of electrical cardiac resynchronization systems for the treatment of heart failure
- Percutaneous occlusion of the ear of the left atrium
- Transvenous electrocatheter extraction
Diagnostic and outpatient services
- Transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiogram
- Daily ECG monitoring (24 hours)
- Standard 12-channel electrocardiogram
- Special programmers for monitoring and reading pacemakers and defibrillators
- ECG during exercise (on a bicycle ergometer or treadmill)
- Orthostatic test
Equipped with Stereotaxis' Niobe magnetic navigation system, the robotic laboratory is particularly suitable for treating arrhythmias in children or patients with complex cardiac anatomy.
Designed for cases requiring close collaboration between a team of cardiac surgeons, resuscitators and interventional cardiologists. It is based on the Artis zeego system and provides maximum accessibility for both the patient and medical personnel, which allows it to be used in various conditions.
The laboratory is equipped with the MediGuide image integration system, which, thanks to GPRS technology, allows you to create a spatial model of the chest region with high accuracy.
When installed under a generator (detector), it allows you to determine the location of a special miniature sensor that can be installed on any intracardiac device, such as a catheter, endoprosthesis or intravascular stent.