Klinik dr Baumstark, Bad Homburg, Germany. Rehabilitation specializing in orthopedics and internal medicine
Harmoniously fitting into the park landscape with an array of centuries-old trees, tall wooden benches and floral splendor, the buildings of the Dr. Baumstark clinic are located in close proximity to the large spa park in Bad Homburg, famous for its attractions.
The main building with its rooms and suites forms the center of the entire complex. The layout of the clearly demarcated facade, which has been restored, allows you to enjoy beautiful views of the Hardt Forest with its picturesque villas from the windows of each room. The main building houses a reception room, a shop, a cafeteria, a garage, a therapy department with a pool for water gymnastics, as well as a large gymnasium and a fitness room.
Specializing in rehabilitation, postoperative treatment in the field of orthopedics and internal medicine, Dr. Baumstark's clinic offers a wide range of medical services.
Department of Orthopedics
The Orthopedics Department offers a full range of conservative orthopedics for adult patients, including rehabilitation treatment.
- Degenerative diseases of the spine and intervertebral discs
- Whiplash injury of the cervical spine
- Degenerative joint diseases with or without limited mobility
- Consequences of the accident for the musculoskeletal system
- Chronic diseases of muscles, ligaments and tendons (for example, painful stiffness of the shoulder, tennis and golf elbow)
- Complaints about the Achilles tendon, Sudek disease, etc.
- Acquired posture and diseases caused by it
- Blockade of the spine and joints
- Neuroorthopedic diseases (rehabilitation after partial paralysis, functional training after neurological diseases caused by trauma)
Department of Internal Medicine
The Department of Internal Medicine offers a wide range of services in the field of diagnostics and therapy. Such modern diagnostic methods as sonography (for examining the abdominal cavity, thyroid gland, brain vessels, heart), ECG during rest and exercise, a long ECG, a continuous measurement of blood pressure, a check of pulmonary function, as well as extensive laboratory diagnostics, make it possible to determine many internal diseases.
- Overweight and obesity, metabolic syndrome
- Diabetes, especially type 2
- High blood pressure
- Violation of fat metabolism
- Gastroenterological diseases (stomach, intestines, liver, gall bladder, pancreas) - Reflux esophagitis, chronic peptic ulcer disease, functional disorders of the gastrointestinal tract, chronic constipation, steatosis of the liver, chronic hepatitis and hepatitis, diseases of the gall bladder and pancreas
- Treatment after surgery in the abdominal cavity
- Extensive examination of internal organs
- Prevention of vascular diseases (stroke, heart attack)
A qualified team of therapists at the Dr. Baumstark Clinic develop a holistic and individual treatment strategy.
- Individual medical diagnostics
- Group medical diagnostics
- Intraarticular injection therapy
- Therapeutic Local Anesthesia (TLA)
A wide range of diagnostic methods allows for thorough examinations of the heart, lungs, thyroid, liver, stomach, intestines and pancreas, as well as to study the most important risk factors: lipids, blood sugar, blood pressure and tumor markers.
Examination methods can be individually selected. At the same time, two variants of a preventive examination are offered: “Basic examination” (2 days) or detailed “Extended examination” (3 days).
At the end of the survey, a final interview is held and a full report of the survey results in writing is issued.
Dietetics and nutrition medicine
As part of the treatment of eating disorders, Dr. Baumstark's clinic offers a large number of diagnostic and treatment methods. Along with a dietitian, a nutritionist assistant and cooks specializing in dietetic nutrition are also available.
In addition, patients receive information on how to eat with diabetes, overweight and high blood pressure. If necessary, consultations and training events are conducted for patients with other diseases associated with malnutrition.
Accomodation in the clinic of Dr. Baumstark
Throughout the course of treatment, patients live in large rooms decorated in a pleasant friendly style.
All rooms and suites are equipped with the standard of prestigious hotels. Upon request, a telephone, Internet connection, a safe and various electronic devices are available.
Room categories: standard one-room number, comfortable one-room number, suites, superior suites.