Stem cells therapy in Belarus
MSCs (Mesenchymal Stem Cells) - Today, mesenchymal stem cells of an adult organism are actively used in medicine. They are absolutely safe, do not cause the growth of tumors and have been used in the world for more than 10 years. The main effect of these cells is anti-inflammatory and immunomodulating.
The use of biomedical cell products (BMPC) based on stem cells is permitted by Belarusian law. At present, about 40 instructions have been approved in our country that regulate the use of mesenchymal stem cells for the treatment of various diseases.
For medical use, mainly two main sources of stem cells are used: adipose tissue and bone marrow. We choose the most gentle and easy way to take the material - adipose tissue. Only a few grams are needed so that the laboratory can then isolate stem cells from it and increase the necessary amount of biomass for the therapeutic dose needed by a particular patient. Manipulation takes 20-30 minutes. In the operating room, under local anesthesia, liposuction removes several grams of tissue in the region of the umbilical fossa so that a microscar is not visible.
Scope of stem cells
- Arthrosis of all joints
- Parkinson's disease
- Alzheimer's disease
- Multiple sclerosis
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Recovery from past strokes / heart attacks
- Cerebral palsy
- Liver cirrhosis
What are fibroplasts
Fibroblasts - are the main cellular component of the skin, providing its homeostasis and morphofunctional organization. They perform a number of diverse and complex functions in the skin:
- control the composition and structure of the extracellular matrix of the dermis (collagen, elastin, proteoglycans and structural glycoproteins)
- moreover, their function includes not only the production of these substances, but also their catabolism.
Thus, fibroblasts are a key link in skin biology - they not only control the homeostasis of the extracellular matrix of the dermis, providing for its remodeling and renewal, but also maintain the physiological state of all layers of the skin.
Cellular therapy of age-related skin changes is based on the use of the patient’s own fibroblasts of the patient’s skin, isolated and propagated in laboratory conditions. The use of cultured autologous dermal fibroblasts (hereinafter referred to as DF) allows to replenish the population of these cells lost with age by introducing young and functionally active fibroblasts into the skin.
After transplantation, cultured DFs are fully integrated into the dermis, their biosynthetic activity is maintained for at least 12 months.
The result is:
- remodeling of the microstructure of the dermis
- increased content of collagen fibers in it
- increased hydration of the skin, increasing its density and thickness.
How is the treatment
Skin sampling procedure
The biomaterial for obtaining native DF is skin.
The skin sampling (explantation) procedure is a less traumatic surgical procedure.
It is performed under local anesthesia by excision or punch-beepsia of a small fragment of the skin (about 0.5 cm2) in the forearm or behind the ear.
The decision on the choice of the method and the anatomical area for skin sampling is taken individually by the operating surgeon, any method of intervention involves a good cosmetic result without visible scars. A second patient visit for dressings or removal of sutures is not required.
The total dose of DF is determined by the number of anatomical areas for biorevitalization. Usually this is the face, neck, decollete, hands. For each zone, about 30-50 million cells will be needed. The total volume of the cell product is calculated individually and can reach 180 - 200 million cells per course.
The procedure of local intradermal transplantation of DF is a painless manipulation that does not require anesthesia, is performed on an outpatient basis by intradermal injection of a suspension of cells in a tunnel way, using needles for mesotherapy.
Immediately after transplantation, the patient is observed for 1 to 2 hours in a ward.
After the procedure, slight redness and swelling may occur, which will disappear within 2 to 3 hours. Intervention does not require significant changes in the usual rhythm of life.
The effectiveness of the procedure
- when active fibroblasts are introduced into the skin, the natural processes of restoration of the dermis are triggered.
- in the transplantation zone, the number of dermal cells increases, the synthesis of own collagen increases, microcirculation is restored, metabolic processes and blood circulation are stimulated.
- wrinkles, scars, striae disappear.
- the dermis is completely renewed, a healthy skin color is restored, its turgor rises, the skin becomes velvety, dryness and peeling disappear.
- the effect of the procedure begins to appear within 6-8 hours after the session and increases over time.
- 8 to 9 months after the course of treatment, a persistent positive result is observed. The clinical effect has a growing character throughout the year and persists for at least 2 years.
The high efficiency of the method is due to the ability of implanted living own cells for a long time (8–9 months) to produce biologically active substances characteristic of young skin: its strength and elasticity increase, and the lifting effect occurs.