Bariatric surgery in Italy
Bariatric surgery is a great way to treat obesity. The operation is recommended for patients with a body mass index of 40 kg / m2 or higher, with a body mass index of 35 - 40 kg / m2, it is recommended for patients with certain concomitant diseases, in which, as you know, the patient's condition improves with weight loss (diabetes, osteoarthritis, hypertension and others).
Individuals with a high body mass index have a much greater risk of heart disease, diabetes, many cancers, asthma, and chronic musculoskeletal problems. Overweight and obese patients with this treatment can get rid of a significant amount of extra pounds, and for many, bariatric surgery is their last hope.
Baritric surgery offers an integrated approach to this problem. Before the operation, endocrinological and nutritional consultations of the doctor are mandatory to ensure the success of the treatment. And also postoperative observation is necessarily carried out, which depends on the type of operation.
- University Hospital of Rome
- San Donato Obesity Treatment Center, Milan
Prices and description of bariatric procedures
This is a laparoscopic operation, in which an inflatable silicone device is installed around the upper part of the stomach. This helps to reduce the amount of food consumed. This operation is reversible, since it is not connected with the removal of any organs.
The price: 19000 euros.
This is a surgical procedure, which can also be performed minimally invasively. The procedure reduces the size of the stomach to about 10% of its original volume and leads to a limited ability to eat. Patients feel full even after taking a very small amount of food. This operation permanently reduces the size of the stomach and is irreversible.
The price: 21200 euros.
Gastric Bypass Surgery (GBP)
With this laparoscopic operation, the stomach is divided into two parts: a small upper and a much larger lower one, and then the small intestine is rearranged to connect with both. This operation leads to a significant decrease in the functional volume of the stomach.
The price: 21200 euros.
- Welcome service at the Airport
- Transportation, including airport, hotel or Hospital
- Hospital stay (as required)
- Treatment by Head Physician
- Medication while on location
- All medical related costs
- Single room (whole period)
- Accomodation for an host
Benefits of bariatric surgery
- Laparoscopic bariatric surgery practically does not require rehabilitation and a long stay in the hospital
- Significant weight loss is achieved
- Improves the cardiovascular system
- Remission is achieved with sleep apnea problems
- Success with type 2 remission