Hepatitis C treatment in India
The hepatitis C virus is life-threatening, since several years after infection, there is a high probability of liver damage resulting in cirrhosis and hepatocellular carcinoma. In this case, the disease is asymptomatic and is often detected too late. This is especially tragic, because due to the achievements of modern medical science, hepatitis C is recognized as a completely treatable disease!
Drug treatment of hepatitis C with modern direct antiviral drugs significantly reduces the risk of developing cirrhosis and liver cancer, increases the duration and quality of life.
- RNA Titration (Quanitification)/HCV RNA
- HCV Genotyping/HCV
- HCV Antibody
- ALT/AST and other biochemical assay
- General Blood Test/ Complete Blood Cell Count
- Thyroid Function Tests
- Color Doppler Ultrasound
- Liver Biopsy
- Alpha Fetoprotein
2) Doctor’s Consultations - 2 consultations in 5 days
Stay in Delhi - Guest House/Hotel (Cost approx USD 30-150/night).
Cost of Hepatitis C treatment package is USD 950.
Drugs are not included in the above package and cost will be according to the MRP (Maximum Retail Price) depending upon the prescription provided by the consulting Doctor.
Interferon injections and other drugs
- Interferon 2a - 135mg - 80.95 USD (final cost will be once pt. comes as it varies on USD arte)
- Interferon 2a - 180mg - 140 USD
- Interferon 2b - 50mg - 142 USD
- Interferon 2b - 80mg - 210 USD
Only one of the above is advised to the patient depending on the genotype, severity of the disease and patient's weight.
The approximate cost of other drugs: Ribavirin - USD 5 (4 tabs - 400 mg), Sofosbuvir - USD 328 (28 tabs). The exact dosage of these medicines, will depend on the current therapy/severity of the disease. Length of Treatment - 12 weeks (as recommended by the physicians).